Are you tired of staying indoors with nothing to do or are you just tired of having to watch boring movies? Well… I come bearing good news for you, listed below are five TV series you can watch during this lockdown period. This list has been carefully scrutinised to have the perfect combination of different genres and a healthy dose of suspense to keep you at the edge of your seats. Ladies and gentlemen, “hold on to your seats, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride”.
5. LUCIFER: This series tells the story of Lucifer aka the prince of darkness after leaving hell to take a vacation in Los Angeles where he now owns a club. He gets involved with the LAPD where he partners with Detective Chloe Decker and helps solve tricky criminal cases.
4. ALTERED CARBON: Set in a far future, society has been transformed by new technology, which eventually leads to the creation of stacks. A device which is used to store human consciousness thereby making death no longer permanent. Takeshi Kovacs is the only surviving soldier of a group of elite warriors who were defeated in a war against the new world order. His mind was imprisoned for centuries until wealthy business man Laurens Bancroft offers him a chance to live again, to do so Kovacs must solve a murder.
3. THE 100: The 3 world war destroyed all of the modern world leaving the earth’s atmosphere unbreathable. 97 years later, a spaceship known as “The Ark” is accomodating humanity’s last survivors. 100 juvenile delinquents, instead of being thrown into space are sent down to earth only to find that the air is now breathable and they are not the only survivors of the human race.
2. GAME OF THRONES: The nine families of westeros wage war against each other in order to gain control of the seven kingdoms. Whilst the families squabble amongst themselves, destroying and planting the seeds of deceit, an ancient force that has remained dormant for thousands of years is awakened and threatens the existence of all.
1. MONEY HEIST: This series, tells the story of a group of criminals who are led by a criminal mastermind who goes by “The Professor”. They have a plan to pull off the biggest heist in history, by breaking into the Royal Mint of Spain, taking hostages and printing billions of euros. Each one of the criminals has a specific skill set to help with the heist and have nothing to lose. They succeed in breaking-in, negotiating with the police with the hostages. The whole is at a stand-still as the professor outwits the authorities. Will the professor’s dream come true or will it be short-lived by the police who are closing in by the second?
With this list I’ve made, I sincerely hope you find the perfect series to watch during this lockdown period and remember to stay indoors. Stay safe!
This article was written by Owoyemi Abayomi; connect with him on Instagram via here