You are now a full grown adult! Remember when you were entering your teenage years and wished you had the chance to do a little bit more to spice your life? Well, now you can. You can do anything you want to do in the world – but, hang on! – not exactly anything. Of course you can’t jump off a cliff out of excitement just because you are now 21. That would be silly!
There are lots of events that would unfold in this new stage which I will call ‘the early twenties’: graduating from a university, securing internships or jobs, it could even be moving to a new state or country. It is a super exciting stage and can feel like your life is moving quickly.
Anyway, if you are 21 and unsure of how to go about this stage of your life, here are 21 things you need to know that may just help you figure things out;
1. Fear is the number one thing holding you back. Be brave enough to do what your heart wants.
2. Always trust your instincts. If you feel something is not right about a situation, pay close attention.
3. Anything worth doing in life is risky. Take that risk!
4. When meeting new people, first impressions matter. Make your first impression count.
5. Ensure you work hard but at the same time, make out time to have a little bit of fun. It won’t kill.
6. Make sure it is your dream you are living and someone else’s. Live your own dream. You are unique.
7. Eat good food. Be one with nature. Make good friends.
8. Life is short. Do everything you can now.
9. Surround yourself with people who support you in realizing your worth and add value to your life.
10. Do not, and I repeat, do not judge your life progress based on other people’s.
11.It is normal for you to have fewer friends as you age.
12. Start saving and investing from now.
13. Everything about yourself does not have to go on social media. Live life to the fullest and don’t spend most of it uploading pictures all the time.
14. You will surely have new set of friends.
15. Never give up on that goal you have been working towards achieving.
16. Stay in shape by exercising
17. Mistakes are bound to happen in your life.
18. Show appreciation to your loved ones and family. They are the ones who have got your back anytime.
19. Update your wardrobe. Yes, go shopping!
20. Start something new. A new skill, new class, new hobby. Just something new.
21. Spend some time alone with yourself. This is useful to help you meditate and live peacefully.
Now that you know these 21 things, you can be more confident on how to rule your life. Enjoy your new age!
This article was written by Ajumoke Babatunde Lawal; connect with her on Instagram via here