On today’s skin care routine, I’ll be giving tips on a very affordable and effective DIY facial mask that is essential for keeping the face smooth, acne free and discoloration free.
This mask is suitable for both genders. I would recommend a patch test before applying on the skin to avoid any reaction.
WHAT TO USE
Milk (whole milk)
Separate the whites from the yolk and beat it well with a fork (it will end up looking like foam)
Add milk (fresh)
Apply it on your freshly cleansed skin and leave it to work for 15 minutes. When you feel your skin tightening up, gently remove the mask, with a cloth soaked in warm water.
Apply your moisturizer (mine is coconut oil when pores are closed) I usually close my pores by splashing cold water gently on my face.
BENEFITS OF THIS MASK
-For brightening and lightening of the skin.
-It has astringent properties (egg white) that help shrink pores by tightening the skin.
-To reduce color discoloration caused by acne
-For elimination of pimples
This mask is suitable for all skin types and tones.
10 EVERYDAY BEAUTY AND MAKE UP HACKS/TIPS
1. Start your day by having a glass of warm water with drops of lemon juice and honey added. It cleanses the whole body and purifies the system.
A glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories. It is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber; so make it a part of your daily routine to drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and enjoy itshealth benefits.
2. Simple and gentle cleansing of the skin during the day will keep the skin fresh and young.
3. Splashing of water will circulate a long way to calm the skin (especially the face)
4. Don’t wear too much makeup or overload your skin (face) with makeup product as this might leads to skin breakout. Allow your skin to breathe most times. Don’t sleep with your makeup on. Ensure to take off all makeup product before going to bed at night.
5. Soak yourself in the early rays of the sun for rejuvenation and vitamin D is one essential vitamin for good health.
Note: Not the noon sun
6. Dry skin needs cleansing but with mild cleansers, mild/gentle exfoliation and moisturizing (Oil-based moisturizer). Oily skin needs cleansing and freshening. Patchy skin needs smoothing and lightening form of treatment.
7. Drink at least 6-8 cups of water per day to flush out toxins and keep the skin fresh.
8. Include raw vegetables and fruits in your diet to hydrate the skin.
9. Exercise regularly: like walking, jogging, running and cardio exercises.
10. Lastly ensure to have a good night sleep of 8hrs. It ensures skin nourishment, younger looking skin, brighter skin and aids proper health.
I hope you will find my beauty/makeup hacks helpful. Don’t forget to share, like, comment and follow.
This article was written by Ganiu Sheydea Labake; connect with her on IG here