Are we not all tired of giving excuses for moving about with dirty feet, excuses like it’s too expensive to do a pedicure, well I have good news for you. You can keep those feet clean for cheap in the comfort of your home, your own way. If you must know, keeping a clean, pretty and sweet smelling foot is a woman’s fashion accessory. Yes, because your feet will be looked at and accessed like your cloths. No escape and no excuses. Why not save yourself the embarrassment of not getting that business deal, and haven’t you heard of the saying that ‘looking good is good business’. It sure is, because in whatever profession you are, looking well and clean makes you more approachable and more successful in that field. Yes I said so.
Take a ride with me as I give you 5 magical tips on how to do a pedicure at home
- Make sure you have a bowl of warm water handy, you do not have to own the pedicure machine if you cannot afford it. In your warm water you can add you favourite disinfectant and liquid soap or shampoo. On the side, make sure you have trimmed, filed and buffed your toe nails. Rub cuticle oil on the toe nails then put those legs in the water; soak for few minutes, according to your preference. Least should be 10 minutes.
- Pull your leg gently from the water. Use the cuticle trimmer to clean out the dirt from the sides of the toe nails and use the other side of the cuticle trimmer to push back the sides of the toe nails.Make sure you have your razor blade handy or the professional callus shaver. These two help to remove callus, dirt, corns and cracked feet. Your pedicure is not complete without this process. Most spas prefer to use the callus shaver than the razor because it has a handle that makes it easier to scrape, plus a special blade perfectly placed to scrape the feet with ease.
- After both feet have been scraped and feet looking clean and fresh, if you notice,it will still be rough , then you grab your pumice stone, it actually looks like a stone, scrub your feet to smoothness, followed by the foot file to perfect the job.
- Get your favourite foot scrub, scrub your feet with your hand, since the foot scrub already has a hard consistency. Rinse the foot and finish up with the nail scrubber, which is a tiny brush that cleans the nails deeper than just the warm water and soap, and areas that have dirt that are hard to reach, rinse properly several times and towel dry.
- Use your favourite moisturizer and you can put any kind of nail polish if you please. Bear in mind that you can be creative with how you want to do your pedicure and play around with the steps, as this is totally up to you, as long as you get the job done. See you at the team clean feet camp.
This article was written by Ngozi Florence Ojeogwu; connect with her on IG here